Weekend Residential Coordinator
Come be a part of transforming the lives of children and their families forever. Kurn Hattin Homes is looking for an individual whose primary role will be to work with and support our children and staff in the residential program over the weekend. You will have the ability to understand and deal appropriately with behavioral issues, be able to coordinate a robust program of weekend activities both on and off campus, support the residential staff, and serve as Director on Duty, as needed.
The successful candidate will have experience working with children in a variety of settings and a background in organizing and carrying out activities for children in grades K-8. Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills are needed. Kurn Hattin offers a generous benefit package with insurance, paid time off, and a retirement program. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references so we can discuss whether this is an opportunity for you.
Kitchen Helper – Dishwasher
Kurn Hattin Homes for Children, a private K-8 residential home and school in Westminster, VT has an opportunity for a part time kitchen helper/dishwasher to work afternoon and evening hours. The team is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. If you enjoy food preparation, and all aspects of food service this could be the job for you. Apply today for an interview and a chance to tour the facilities and meet our team.
Director of Strategic Development
The Director of Strategic Development will head the entire Development and Institutional Advancement (DIA) program at Kurn Hattin Homes for Children. Utilizing dynamic and innovative thinking in a philanthropic environment that is ripe for extraordinary growth, this individual will design, create, and execute a new and effective strategic orientation that focuses on transformational giving to New England Kurn Hattin Homes as well as providing inspirational oversight for the overall DIA program.
Primary Position Description:
- Self-motivated and talented fundraising professional with a solid track record of building deep donor relationships using a hands-on approach to cultivate and steward donors so they are inspired to give generously and consistently
- Provide visionary strategic leadership in all aspects of fundraising campaign development and execution
- Supervise creation, implementation, and updating of comprehensive DIA plan designed to meet annual and long-term goals of Kurn Hattin Homes
- Oversee the coordination of a new, multi-year capital campaign
- Demonstrate success at executing acquisitions of major gifts of $20,000 and up
- Carry a personal portfolio of 50 to 75 major donors and prospects
- Conduct 75 or more donor visits every year to major gift donors and potential donors
- Possess and utilize deep experience with community relations and fundraising techniques
- Oversee research and data mining to segment the donor pool, identify untapped potential, and create profiles for Major Gift donors/prospects for personal engagement and outreach
- Develop and oversee implementation of Moves Management for all donors, particularly Major Gift donors
- Practice strong collaboration with members of the DIA Office especially in regard to cultivating Major Gift donors/prospects
- Coordinate the assignment of Major Gift donors/prospects to ED/AED, senior DIA staff, and Trustees as appropriate
- Travel extensively to meet with Major Gift donors/prospects
- Utilize excellent communication, decision making, and leadership skills
- Provide regular reports to Executive Director and Trustees on fundraising progress
- Strategic conceptualist with broad developmental understandings for fundraising
- Fundraising leader who can embrace mission, engage meaningfully in organizational culture, and facilitate continued growth for the future
- Passionate energy, vision, and resourcefulness to further KHH institutional advancement
- 8 years of major gifts fundraising experience in a non-profit, including prospect solicitation and management
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: Master’s Degree & CFRE
Start the new year with a new career! Kurn Hattin Homes for Children is looking for a House Parent. Join a team of professionals working to improve the lives of children. House parents provide a safe homelike environment in a cottage setting for up to 8 children. Work 4 days a week (with overnights) and have 3 days off! Competitive salary, benefits, paid holidays, vacation days, and retirement. On campus housing is available as well. At Kurn Hattin you can make a difference.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining how you can make a difference in the lives of our children.
How to Apply
Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Upload resume, cover letter and references. Or mail to:
Kurn Hattin Homes for Children
P.O Box 127
Westminster, VT 05158