Dear Kurn Hattin Community,
As of today, Sunday, March 15, 2020, Governor Scott has declared that all Vermont Schools should close by Wednesday, March 18. This drastically changes the plans that Kurn Hattin had put in place this past Friday. The new plans are as follows:
- Families who wish to keep their children home at any time in the next 3 days may do so.
- Kurn Hattin will attempt to remain educationally operational for Monday and Tuesday, March 16 and 17. All faculty should plan to report for work through Wednesday unless you have reason to believe you might be carrying the virus.
- All families should plan to pick-up their children from Kurn Hattin Homes no later than 7:00 PM on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- Employees, including faculty, should plan to work on campus through Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Plans for subsequent work requirements will be worked out over the next 2 days.
- A decision regarding how long this cessation of classes will last will be made as soon as possible as the COVID19 situation evolves. A decision regarding whether the summer program will be in session will also be made as soon as possible.
- As a general rule, staff who would normally be working during a certain period of time will continue to be paid for those responsibilities regardless of their ability to do their jobs (e.g. no children being present). Alternative responsibilities may be required of such staff if their normal duties cannot be done.
I am sorry to have these plans happen so quickly, but that is the state of affairs at this time. We will continue to re-visit these determinations, and revisions may be made as needs require. We thank everyone for your patience, calmness, and understanding. In these difficult times, the Kurn Hattin community truly shows our nature of pulling together for the good of all.
In the service of children,
Stephen B. Harrison,